CITY OF COMMERCE, CA – According to Massive Audio, the one thing they aimed for in the design of the new 2013 “Hippo” Series subwoofers was a deep “big bottom” bass sound.
The new series features 8-inch, 12-inch and 15-inch subwoofers with 3-inch over-sized voicecoils that can handle up to 4000-watts of peak power. Massive Audio recommends 500 to 2000-watts RMS power.
The woofers work in a sealed enclosure as small as .375 cubic feet for Hippo 8; 1 cubic foot for the 12-inch and only two cubic feet for the 15-inch. The can also be used in a ported box for even more bass output.
The 2013 Massive Audio Hippo Series features include:
- Heavy Duty, Rugged Industrial Textured Cast Aluminum Basket.
- High Energy Double Stack Strontium Magnet Structure.
- Dual Impedance Black Anodized 3” Voice Coil (2.5” on Hippo 8) Formers with Kevlar Spunlace.
- Kevlar Fiber Reinforced Non-Pressed Paper Cone with Industrial Textured Finish.
- Stitched Edge to the Cone’s Edge for Added Strength.
- Over Sized Mirror Image Dual Poly / Nomex Spiders.
- Black Anodized One Piece Pole-Plate for Added Motor Force.
- Heavy Duty Direct Input Wires Connection to Voice Coils.
- Reinforced Fiberglass Woven Dust cap for High Power Applications.
- Custom Tooled Rubber Gasket and Magnet Boot.
For more information on Massive Audio products visit www.massiveaudio.com.