FOSTER CITY, CA – Streetline, Inc. has unveiled a new release of its parking guidance application, Parker by Streetline. Parker 4.0 is now available for the iPhone and features a clean, updated design; an easy-to-use side panel menu; and one-click turn-by-turn voice navigation—further enhancing the hands-free capabilities of the app.
Parker displays open on-street parking in real time, as well as available parking at garages and nearby parking lots, by tapping data from Streetline’s real-time sensor network in more than 35 locations globally and parking garage and lot data for more than 23,000 off-street locations. Since the app was first introduced in December 2010, Parker by Streetline has recorded more than 100 million parking “events” and was recently named Best Mobile Innovation for ‘Smart Cities’ at the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
“Streetline introduced the world’s first parking guidance app in 2010 and has since continued to spark the imagination for how technology can change the way we think about parking,” said Zia Yusuf , president and CEO of Streetline, Inc. “With this latest release of Parker, Streetline again raises the bar for what consumers can expect from parking guidance apps, making it even easier for motorists to locate parking so they can go about spending their time on the more important activities of their day.”
“With Parker, our goal was to go beyond just helping drivers locate a parking space; we want them to find the right space,” added Vito Salvaggio , Senior Vice President, Product Management of Streetline, Inc. “Parker allows users to search by parking type – metered space, garage/lot, ADA accessible, or electric vehicle charging stations. The app shows available parking relative to your current location and also lets motorists filter spots by price.”
Some of the key features of Parker 4.0 include:
- Real-time information in select areas to guide consumers to open and available parking spaces; Parker updates automatically when a car is parked or leaves
- Ability to toggle between availability and price, including real-time updates as prices are changed or updated
- Easy access to rates, hours, and time limits for metered, on-street, and garage/lot parking
- Side panel navigation gives user access to filters, price toggle, places and satellite view
- Search field with enhanced ability to find parking by address or points of interest (e.g., coffee, gas station)
- Enhanced filters allowing users to set criteria, such as EV charging stations, ADA spaces, on-street or garages/lots only, or specific payment options (coins, credit card, mobile payments)
- Park function allows user to note where a car is parked (and later find guidance back to the car), set reminders, and other options including mobile payment (where available)
- Ability to select display preference to show the number of available spaces or price
- One-click access to turn-by-turn voice navigation that guides you to available parking
“In designing the app, we tried to focus on the things that matter most to the user,” added Salvaggio. “Because parking availability changes very quickly and drivers don’t want to show up at a space that’s no longer available, unlike other guidance apps that have emerged, our first priority is to provide accurate and reliable real-time data to drivers at all times.”
“Because there are so many little businesses downtown, we are essentially competing for customers. It’s important to do things to improve customer experience and get more people through the door. Apps like Parker by Streetline help us to do just that. Being able to direct customers to spaces right outside my store is one way to set Vanilla Moon apart from the competition,” said Christie Perego , owner of Vanilla Moon, San Carlos, Calif.
“Montclair State needed an app that lets our students know where parking is available. Parker was the logical choice. I like the new format and larger buttons in Parker 4.0,” said Perry H. Eggleston , MPA, Director of Parking Services, Montclair State University.
Lauren Blaine , President, Blaine Artist Management, Los Angeles, Calif., stated, “As a busy music industry professional, I have meetings with clients all over Los Angeles. This can be a very stressful business so the last thing I want to stress about is finding parking! Parker helps me quickly find a spot so I can arrive on time and make a good, stress-free impression.”
“I’m constantly exploring new restaurants and bars in LA and Hollywood, but parking can be a real pain – especially when I’m rushing to meet someone after work. With Parker I don’t have to get there early to leave time to find parking, I just open the app, park, and don’t have to worry about being the last one at the table!” said Jessica Hopkins , Executive Assistant, Los Angeles, Calif.
To download Parker by Streetline visit: www.theparkerapp.com. Parker 4.0 is available today for the iPhone. Parker 4.0 for Android is coming soon.
SOURCE: Streetline, Inc.