SKOKIE, IL – Now all Rand McNally IntelliRoute TND 720 truck GPS devices ship with new software that includes updates and substantial new features available via Wi-Fi connectivity. The new software also is available to owners of existing IntelliRoute TND 720s via a Rand McNally Dock update.
The new software release includes three powerful new connected services to help professional drivers manage time and costs in their businesses: Real-time fuel prices, local search, and a premium enhanced traffic service
In addition to the new features, Rand McNally announced today that those drivers who purchase and register a new IntelliRoute TND 720 LM or a new IntelliRoute TND 520 LM device between July 1 and August 31, 2013, are eligible to receive one of the new premium features – Traffic Everywhere – complimentary for one year.
“The new software release, our ongoing lifetime maps program, and now our offer of a free year of the most comprehensive traffic service available, all reflect our ongoing commitment to providing cost saving features to the professional driver,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.
The new software update features both premium and standard connected services, available via Wi-Fi:
- Traffic Everywhere: With drivers wasting 38 hours annually in traffic, gridlock on the nation’s roads costs professional drivers $27 billion in wasted time and diesel fuel each year.1 Traffic Everywhere helps professional drivers avoid costly delays with real-time and predictive analytics for the road ahead and will show what to expect before key junctions. Powered by INRIX, Traffic Everywhere offers professional drivers complete coverage beyond major metro areas across highways, interstates and local roads as well as major truck routes in rural areas. Traffic Everywhere is a premium service that will be available for purchase via the Rand McNally Dock. The annual fee is $19.99.
- Fuel prices: Powered by the market leader in fuel pricing, gasbuddy.com, this feature provides up-to-date fuel prices in real-time along a route and nearby. Includes diesel and gas prices. In addition, fuel prices and fuel stop icons can be shown on a map and in list format, viewable by brand, price, or distance to location. This feature enables a driver to save cost by routing to either the least expensive fuel, or the closest fuel stop in their preferred network. This service is on device, no subscription cost.
- Local search: An Internet-based search finds points of interest on the device using a free-form keyword search, such as “steak”, “haircut” or “tools” to find locations that provide the requested item or service. This feature enables drivers to be as efficient as possible in searching for desired stops close by or on their route. This service is on device, no subscription cost.
In addition to connected capabilities, the update includes:
- Lifetime maps and construction updates – Provided via the Rand McNally Dock, maps and construction updates allow for more accurate truck routing and estimated time of arrival.
- Award-winning truck-specific maps and routing – Includes an updated road network with truck navigation incorporating legal and physical restrictions including axle-count support, plus page-and-grid references to Rand McNally’s 2014 Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas.
- Compare Routes – Provides a primary route and a reasonable alternate, allowing the driver to choose. Both routes are presented on a map for a quick review.
- Team Driver Timers – Allows for a second set of driver timers to be maintained on the device.
Address Book transfers – Enables the download of an address book from another device or computer; the user may select to “merge” or “overwrite” existing addresses on the device.
- Fuel economy tracking – Enhanced fuel logs provide current and average miles per gallon calculation for a route, can be viewed by month and by quarter, and exported to the drivers’ Mac or PC.
The new software release is available to existing registered owners of an IntelliRoute TND 720 device via download from the Rand McNally Dock. Information and terms and conditions about the Traffic Everywhere promotion can be found here.
SOURCE: Rand McNally