Ever fancy taking a high-power Mopar down the dragstrip to see what she’ll do? That takes a lot of money, or at least some good connections. For the rest of us, there’s the Mopar “Drag N Bag” video game.
Just released by Minicades Mobile for Android and iOS devices, Mopar Drag N Bag puts would-be racers in the Mopar-powered machines of pro NHRA champions Allen Johnson, Jeg Coughlin Jr., and Matt Hagan. According to a press release from Mopar, the game features the legendary Thunder Mountain at Bandimere Speedway, home of the Mopar Mile High Nationals the release described as the brand’s “signature event.”
Other game features include:
- PRE-STAGE BURNOUTS: Before each pass drivers are allowed to perform a burnout which cleans and heats their Mopar’s tires for improved traction. Players should watch the temp bar on the left because too much throttle will overheat the tires and reduce grip.
- MOPAR POWER: Players can get behind the wheel of Allen Johnson’s or Jeg Coughlin Jr.’s Pro Stock Mopar Dodge Avenger and can also grab the throttle in Matt Hagan’s Funny Car Dodge Charger R/T by filling out some basic information to upgrade their vehicle.
- Realistic 3D graphics, car physics and performance.
- Multiple cameras including in-car driver perspective
- DRAG and then BRAG: Once a player takes the competition by storm, they can share their results on Twitter and Facebook and encourage friends to take the challenge
According to the release, race fans in attendance at the Mopar Mile High Nationals that take place this weekend, July 19-21, will get to try the game complete with special hardware that includes special race seats and steering wheels at the Mopar display area. One of the fastest of those who try the game will win a chance to go head-to-head with a Mopar racing legend prior to the elimination rounds on Sunday, the release said.
More information about Mopar Drag N Bag may be found at mopar.com/dragnbag.